About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Saturday 30 January 2010

Bye bye, baby

I have to say goodbye to something precious to me, a large part of my life... our (my) PC :-)

The time has come in our moving process to dismantle and pack everything that's not going to come with us to Sarah's Mum's place, and that includes the beast affectionately known as 'BigPC'.  Built by my own fair hands out of components researched and sourced by me about three years ago, it's nearly never let me down.  We had a data scare a few weeks ago so now it's a fully RAIDed beast with multiple backups of everything that matters, namely our many photo albums and the iTunes library.

We've decided that although BigPC is going to be making the journey down under in the container with the rest of our kit, all our backups are coming with us on the plane as we don't want all our eggs in one 20' basket.  It's unlikely to be booted up again for at least 10 months so we can only hope it will survive the experience.

Oh, and we're moving house tomorrow so that's a big thing as well ;-)

Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment