About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Tuesday 5 January 2010

So, this is us.

To put some faces to the names here we are, the girls:


Sarah & Isla

.....and the boys:


Andy & Finn

So, this whole process leaves me wondering how long we will manage to keep up this blogging malarky.  We talked about it for a few weeks before deciding that we would start 2010 with a blog for our family and friends as we embarked on this journey.  I know with mobiles, e-mail, Skype etc etc that communication across timezones and the equator should be easy and seamless.  However, some members of my closest family (namily my Mum) will find it nice and easy to log on each day and see what we are up to before choosing to Skype me at no cost.  You get the irony.

The other reason we wanted to start this is to keep a record of this huge change in our life.  I think it will be nice in the years to come to look back over the record of our blog to see what was happening to us all and how we felt about it.  I would love it if in 15 years Finn & Isla can look back on the record of this adventure we are to embark on and appreciate what we were trying to achieve for our family of 4.

We are currently on the cusp of exchanging on our house sale, which I have to say, is quite stressfull in itself as I now consider with some trepidation how we are going to feel packing our life into a 20ft container and then living with my Mum for 6 months as we consolodate our affairs. 

I have lived independently since I was 18 and I am approaching the impending deadline of enforced co-habitation with interest.  On the one hand I am so excited to have 6 months of "quality time" with the old dragon, attending such events as the Edinburgh Tattoo and Les Miserables.  However I am keen to ensure that we don't get under each others skin.  On the plus side we have the kind of relationship that means we can say it how it is which should make things a little easier if not a bit highly charged - poor Andy!  The funny thing is we are now planning to do more things together in the next 6 months before we migrate than we have before.  We are even planning her 1st visit over and what we will all see and do in Sydney.

So, Andy and I have managed to both blog on the same day and probably not very cohesively but we have to start somewhere!

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment