About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Small beginnings, mighty acorns, etc!

So it's time to start this, our first blog... perhaps a bit of background first.  My name is Andy, I live in Somerset, England with my wife Sarah and two children, Finn and Isla.  Sarah was born in Australia which of course is probably why we're here - about 8 months away from emigrating to Sydney, NSW!

We've talked about moving down under off and on for some years and now we have Finn and Isla we've decided to go for it.  Everything is now moving into place - my visa on the way (hopefully), house on the market, moving companies contacted, CV being updated, and a million other things to be considered.

I work in the IT industry so we're hoping I should be able to transfer my skills and experience down to Sydney without too many problems.  To aid in that I've started down the certification path - once on that journey you never stop!  I currently hold VCP3, VCP4, MCSE 2003 and MCSE 2003:Messaging certifications and am now starting on the MCITP:2008 Server and Enterprise Administrator set.  Virtualisation and Enterprise design and admin are my forte, so if you know of any openings in Sydney feel free to drop me a line!

That's probably enough for a first post, tune in for further updates as we make this giant leap southwards, find somewhere to live, find a job, make new friends and live the Australian dream - well, that's the plan anway ;-)

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment