About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Secret blogging world

I started reading expat blogs in Australia around 2 years ago. I searched and searched as I desperately sought out other people who had already been on our journey and had something to share.  I frantically Googled and generally kept coming across the same hits and blogs, some of which I still read now.  However I wanted more and had trouble finding them.  Then I decided to create my own blog at the beginning of this year for many reasons, one of which was to give a bit more to bloggers while I enjoyed theirs.  One of the lovely things that has come out of this is other people reading what I have to say.  And with that I can see their blogger profiles and read what they have to say.

And now the blogging world has really opened up as more and more people comment and I find more people who have been in our position.  It's great to know that other people totally get how I feel at the moment and can empathise.  I am always grateful when a new person comments and adds their thoughts on my journey.  I love to follow the blog chain and find new people.

The other day I wrote of the Kookaburra and Hush little baby songs that I sing to my children and one of the people I have "met" through blogging commented and made a recommendation of a book.  All the way over in Australia, Jenny read and shared.  How very cool is that!  A great recommendation was made and then purchased by me.

A whole new virtual World has opened up to me and I love it.  Where are you from?

1 comment:

  1. it is a very supportive place...blogland. i love it too. xo.

    ReplyDelete