About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Monday 12 July 2010

Burning the candle at both ends

I almost need to go back to work for a break.  Almost.

I honestly have not stopped since I finished which is nearly 4 weeks ago!  The afore mentioned holidays took up 2 weeks and then we returned and got straight on with all of the wonderful things we have had planned for so long with our nearest and dearest.  Finn has been to numerous birthday parties which he absolutely loves.  I have been to a spa with one of the best girls.  We had a massage and a manicure over lunch which was amazingly relaxing.  Then Mum and I headed off to London on the train for the day to go and see Wicked the musical which was such fun.  We walked to the theatre from Covent Garden and took in the National Gallery on the way which was a very interesting couple of hours and for a moment I felt like an adult!

We have cooked for people, been out for dinner and we even did a barbie today.  It was such good fun and all of the children played in the paddling pool and messed around on bikes together all afternoon.  It was brilliant.  We, as a family are having such a good last few weeks.

If I look in my diary it is packed for the remaining time we are here and to be frank it's quite exhausting but I struggle on!  However, the other day I looked past the 18th August in my diary and apart from 1 weekend when we have visitors over from Perth it is empty.  There is zilch planned and nothing organised.  To quote my best girl Bronnie, we have nothing planned as "we won't know anyone".

Now that is actually a little scary.  We will travel around the globe as a family of 4 all on our own for the 1st time ever.  We will have no-one.  We won't even have a house to start with.  I hope it's going to be OK and we start to fill our diary again quite quickly.

2 comments: