About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Thoughts from far away

I am touched.  This is what I came home to today.


It was my birthday on Monday and someone special far away in Perth remembered me.  How lovely.  It is even more special as he lives so far away and he contacted a florist nearby and had these lovely balloons sent my way to make me smile. And they did.  Love you Marky.  Can't wait to see you on the sunny side.

I had some girlie time with Isla on Monday afternoon and captured her discovering the perfume of a daisy.


She delicately plucked daisy's from the lawn, sniffed and then passed to me for sampling.  She was so pleased with her discovery.  We wandered down the drive and admired the gorgeous Montana clematis rambling over the old garden wall which is on the cusp of full bloom.  So near but still very beautiful.


Finn looking pensive after an afternoon of examining bugs.


Happy days.

We go to Cornwall on Thursday and I'm hoping for warm, sunny beach days - any chance Mr weatherman?

2 comments:

  1. It's me again. Just wanted to send you a Happy Mother's Day and a thank you for you kind thoughts. I hope I am not worrying you to much with my post. This adventure you are about to embark on will be wonderful. I promise.

    ReplyDelete