About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Saturday 15 May 2010

Gulp

I had a truly lovely dinner date the night before last with BFF - Bronnie.  We have been friends since we were 13.  I'm 32 now.  It's a long time.  I love her and we have a saying.  If she was in jail and needed bail then I wouldn't be around to get her out as I would be sat right next to her.  It's true.  Through thick and thin we have been there.

....and now I'm leaving.  This does make me sad and as we get closer to our flight each time I see her, talk or write about her I get a lump in my throat and have to take a gulp.  I know she feels it too.  This is the real downside to our emigration.  We are leaving people that we love.  I know it's not goodbye and that I will see her every time we come back to visit.  I hope she will make it to Sydney for a visit too - her brother lives there, so two birds with one stone and all that.

We met when we both had ponies and our families lived 1/2 a mile apart.  We would ride out together every summer evening and we would be out for hours and hours.  Talking non stop.  We have grown up, clubbed, holidayed (all round England, Scotland & Wales, Australia,France, Spain....), drunk, worked, cried and talked together for what seems like forever.  Married, been bridesmaids for each other, had children and always been there even when we have lived opposite sides of the country.  Now it's going to be the opposite sides of the world.  I can only imagine what it will be like on the last day that we see each other for the foreseeable future.  I will always have a spare room for her.

Our Wedding - December 2004

Bronnie's Wedding - May 2004

May 2004

Gatcombe Horse Trials 2003 - we met through horses and she has made a growing & flourishing career out of it.

The Three Musketeers - Me, Bronnie & Charms, with hubbies!  Wales 2005.

Andy, with Bronnie's son Tom when he was small enough to bath in a sink!  Late 2005.

Always BFF.

3 comments:

  1. She will be your biggest supporter even though she is so far away. It is hard, the goodbyes, but you will feel closer to her through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so feeling you on this. I went back to my hometown this weekend to say goodbye to some of my family and friends and it was very very hard. I am so sad right now....

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lovely ladies. She is a great friend, read this and reassured me that we will always BFF and that the distance won't change that. I know this but it is nice to hear it! x

    ReplyDelete