About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Saturday 1 May 2010

Booked, confirmed and arrival details provided!

Every now and again I get a rush of "oh my god it's actually happening" come over me.  It happened today.  The booking confirmation for our 3 week villa to get us started arrived along with the details on how to access the house when we arrive.  My tummy lurched a little and then I felt really quite excited.  After 2 years of planning and a manic few months of execution it really is happening.  We are just in the process of opening an Aussie bank account (please make the exchange rate a little more welcoming!) and we are creating a list of what needs to be done as soon as we arrive.

Mum & Brian are on the cusp of booking their flights and they have decided to fly out via Singapore for 1 night and via LA on the way back for 3!  How very cosmopolitan!  I am already looking forward to their visit and Mum's exploration of a city that she lived in 34 odd years ago and the discovery of what has changed.

We watched a Griff Rhys Jones documentary last night - Griff's Greatest Cities of the World.  It was inspiring and confirming to watch as we reminisced about our previous visit.  We talked about how we can't believe how lucky we are to have the opportunity to live there.

Each night we cuddle the children and talk about their day.  Finn & I talked the night before last about what was his best bit, he told me that going to our local art, activity & craft session - Crafty Rascals - was his best bit.  I smiled and we had a companionable silence for a few moments and I then I asked him what he was thinking.  Finn replied "I'm happy Mummy".  What more could I ask for.


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! It's great that you'll have family coming out to help at the beginning. It's a lot of work getting settled in a new country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine - will be lovely to have a family visit to look forward to. x

    ReplyDelete