About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Cornish fun

We have spent the last 5 days and 4 nights in lovely Cornwall in the South West peninsula of England with Andy's parents.  The weather was pretty cold and there was a little rain but we had a great time.  This was the 1st of our holidays that we have planned with people to spend some time together before we emigrate.  

Finn & Isla are great sleepers (although they are still prone to early starts at the moment!) but the 1st night anywhere new they tend to not sleep as well and generally be a little unsettled. True to form at 23:00 on the 1st night Finn wakes with a coughing fit and hiccuping tears soon follow.  I go to Finn and he hugs me while asking if I am going to sleep in his bed.  So I get into his bed and we cuddle until he settles.  I tell him that I am going to get into the other single bed in his bedroom but will stay for the night.  He is very happy about this and we both get a great nights sleep.  However, in our bedroom where Andy is slumbering gently, Isla wakes and has trouble falling back to sleep.  She never does this and so Andy spends the best part of 3 hours getting up and down to her, moving her from her cot to our bed and back again!  I come into the bedroom at around 7 the next morning after being woken by Finn right in my face saying "Morning Mummy" to find Andy has around 3 inches of bed and Isla is spread-eagled across the middle of the bed crashed out.  I think I got off pretty lightly!
So that evening I give Isla her favourite monkey and ask her to put it in her bed, she toddles up to our bed and places said monkey in the middle.  I thought that probably didn't bode very well but thankfully all was fine.

We had a lovely day in Padstow and visited Rick Stein's Fish and Chip shop which was really fab.  Padstow is such a lovely place with a real cool beachy vibe.  Great shops and I discovered Seasalt and had to buy a few bits that will be suitable for the beach in Australia!  Lovely Organic cotton tee's and skirts which are made following Fairtrade guidelines.

We also went to the Eden Project which was just amazing.  So amazing that we are going to visit again next month when we are down in Newquay for the week.  I had my new camera so took lots of pictures and I came away with one that I am really happy with.   I really am a complete novice but I am learning!


Finn & Grandma

Isla Smiler.

Looking at this makes my heart melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment