About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Tuesday 2 February 2010

I guess we really ARE moving

I've just come back from a quick trip back to our old house... I say 'old', it's still ours until Friday but we've already moved into my in-laws house as I'm sure has been mentioned in earlier posts.

I had to pop back for a quick task but I took the time to wander around a bit to see what's going on.  The shipping guys have been in all day boxing, packing and whatnot but it turns out they don't need us around so we've been out and about as usual.  Anyway, even though of course on a practical level I know we're moving out and will soon be on our way to Australia it kind of hit home a little bit seeing the house we've lived in for the last 3½ years sitting there in a partly packed state.  It was quite echoey and looking into the already-packed rooms I saw evidence of our life there, mostly kids stuff...
  • Some duplo blocks
  • A Landrover Defender I gave Finn a few months ago
  • A solitary drumstick
  • Two mismatched jigsaw pieces
  • A flat-head screwdriver (that's one of mine!)
But as Sarah has already said it's not really the house but the people in it that make a family home, I'm sure that once we've found our ideal place in the Sydney suburbs about 18 months from now we'll start making many good memories there the same way we have in Somerset.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment