About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Saturday 13 February 2010

Everyday life

Finn has been a little unhappy to go to nursery for the last 4 times and I wonder if that is because we have moved house and he is feeling a little unsettled.  How can you tell though?  He is 2 3/4 and his speech is really very good but I don't feel he could identify any feelings of change by the move and successfully converse them to us.  I wonder if we are only going to see how he feels if it affects his behaviour and how he normally behaves.  It's half term next week so he will have a bit of a break which may help and may not!

An example of our ever entertaining conversation in the car this lunch time as we drive through the winding lanes home:

Finn:  Mummy, slow down.  Be careful.
Me:  I am driving slowly Finn and I am being careful!
Finn: You might crash.  (does he have no faith in my driving ability?)
Me:  We won't crash Finn, I am a very good driver (Andy - keep that thought to yourself ;o))
Finn:  Then there would be trouble!

I rolled around in the car laughing, he is just at that age when he can be absolutely hilarious without even realising it - which makes it even funnier!  It did make me think about where I could store this amusing little anecdote so it is not lost for ever in the depths of my memory possibly to be never recalled again.  Then I thought of this blog.  A perfect place for the funnies of our daily life.

We are looking at booking our tickets to Sydney this weekend and we are planning a 4 night stop in Singapore for a bit of R & R; well as much as you can get with 2 children!  Last time we went to Brisbane in 2008 we stopped for a few nights and stayed in the Pan Pacific.  Wow - what a lovely hotel.  We had such a good time there with Finn and I loved seeing a little tiny snapshot of Asia as I had never been there before.  I've just had a quick reminisce through the pictures and have picked out 3 that I'd like to share.

 

The lifts in hotel and they were on the outside too!



This picture reminds me of really good times.  30c heat, gorgeous pool, BBQ terrace, plush robes and the best company in the World.


A bit grainy, not very well lit, a home style shot that makes me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment