About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Monday 8 February 2010

Completion and celebration

Well, it's happened.  We have completed.  I was prepared to feel a bit strange driving past 'our' house and seeing other people living there and not being able to just walk in when we felt like it.  It took me a little while to get over our previous house and I was prepared to have to drive a little further and avoid driving past for a few months.  However, this has not been necessary.  Rather, I drive past with a large amount of curiosity to see what is being done to our house.  Well, I can report that as the new owners are horticulturists there are an awful lot of pot plants.  Hundreds litter small acre which was previously purely used for parking Andy's car (the beast!).  Nothing else looks any different as yet although I'm sure it's just a matter of time.


Therefore we breathed a huge sigh of relief that this particular stress was over and celebrated with some bubbly and a steak on Saturday night.  Mum had come into the kitchen to cook tea before us so we cracked open a bottle of red before which I could definitely get used to on a Saturday night while gossiping over the kitchen table.


I met up with the girlies from my NCT class for dinner on Friday night which was lovely as we are normally surrounded by demanding toddlers so can't really talk.  However we met in Zizzi's and had good chats and lovely wine!  We have known each other since we were all around 6 months pregnant and have met every week since.  We reminisced a little about what we have all experienced over the last 3 years and it was good to properly talk for once.  I will miss all of them and their children when we are in Australia.  It is a little sad that Finn won't be seeing them regularly anymore but I'm sure we will catch up when we come back to the UK.


Back to reality next week as Andy and I return to work after a week off.  Anyway must start planning a holiday in Cornwall in June......

No comments:

Post a Comment