About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Wednesday 17 March 2010

A mixed bag...

...of emotions.

I spent the weekend in Cheltenham with my best girls Bronnie & Charms.  Not just 1 night away but 2!  That is the first time in 3 years since having Finn and Isla that I have been away from them.  I missed them.  A lot.

However it was was lovely to spend a frivolous, drunken, happy weekend with the girls as the opportunities to do this are reducing as our emigration date nears.

Previously I have felt huge buckets of guilt along with excitement, trepidation, hope and many more but until this weekend I hadn't really felt sad.  We talked a lot over the weekend about my move away and I started to feel quite sad that I'm not going to see them very often from August.  Of course, they reassured me that there is Skype, e-mail, Facebook etc which is true but it won't be the same.  These are the consequences of emigrating.  I already knew this and have accepted it but all the same it drove it home.

We had such fun and I got the chance to shop during the day, uninterrupted and with no requirement to be home at a specific time.  Bliss.

Andy was at home holding the fort dealing with Finn who had caught the tummy bug that Isla had the previous weekend.  All 3 survived the experience but I'm sure they were just as relieved to see me as I was to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment