About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Saturday 17 April 2010

Is there anything quite as lovely...

...as cuddling your children as they drift into the world of sleep?  Recently Isla has become even more cuddly.  We have a story in our bed.  Andy often reads to Finn and I often read to Isla.  We had Each, Peach, Pear, Plum tonight.  It is a lovely story which we read to Finn when he was a little younger and he soon came to look for the characters as we read the story and would pre-empt the end.  Isla also loves the book.  She sits on my lap under the duvet and we have a story while she sucks her thumb and murmurs her responses.  My heart melts.  As I near the end she starts to snuffle in for cuddles so we lie back and I chat about the day a little.  She gazes at me in the way your children do.  Almost unblinkingly and most certainly adoringly. Her eyes start to drift and I know soon she will be asleep. 


I put Isla in her cot and go for a cuddle with Finn.  He pretends to snore as he wraps his arm around my neck.   I ask him what has been his favourite part of the day and numerous hilarious anecdotes come forth.  I tell him what we are doing the next day and that I love him.  He nods and gets into his favourite sleep position with his toy penguin Hugsy in his lap.

I love this part of the day and relish it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment