About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Tuesday 6 April 2010

A chocolate filled weekend....the best kind.

Successes this weekend:
  • Andy has ordered me a new Canon 50D SLR camera for my new learning adventures!  Should be here Wednesday.  I have my companion manual book at the ready...
  • Andy and I had great night out at a Comedy club with some friends from work - lots of vino consumed and many laughs.
  • Leaving that boozy night out with Andy on my arm and feeling very happy & lucky about that.
  • A lovely lovely day in rainy Wells, punctuated with coffee in Starbucks, lunch in Ask and getting a few lovely things from the gift shops around the square.
  • Seeing the children's amazed and excited faces as they found chocolate at the breakfast table.  The eggs were a great success (see pictures below) and it was nice to avoid commercial eggs for once.  I'm sure there will be a day when I can no longer dodge that bullet, but for now......
  • Easter Sunday lunch with my Mum and Grandad.
  • A good Sunday night film - The Proposal.  Predictable, clichéd but romantic fodder.
  • Getting out the sandpit as the weather was good and watching the children have such a good time playing with it.
  • Bouncing on the trampoline with Isla while she laughed and giggled like a drain.
  • Watching Finn follow (chase if he could!) the chickens around.
Things that were not quite so good:
  • Humongous hangover from hell that consumed the whole of Friday (personally I think I had an adverse reaction to a local anaesthetic at the dentist earlier in the day!).  I have not been that ill or felt that rubbish due to drink for around 10 years.  I only had 5 glasses of wine during the whole night.  What a light weight!
  • My ideas for blowing the cobwebs away were stamped on royally by Finn who really did not want to be on the beach in the wind and cold.  That boy really can complain!  I'm going to wait for it to warm up a little before attempting that again!
All in all a lovely weekend. 

 Chocolate for breakfast may have actually put Finn off completely.  Finn requested at bedtime that he didn't have eggs the next day!

Isla has no such qualms!

Chicken run!...or chicken nuggets as my sensitive boy was heard saying to them....

Trampolining fun!

I can see her on her own pony now....!

With a lightening quick push of the camera button I snapped this picture before Isla legged it out of shot!

The 17 months between them barely shows here.

Good times and a happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment