About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Thursday 16 December 2010

That golden hour

So, I hear that there is a great time to take good pictures and that is sunrise and sunset and they are known as the golden hours!  I very nearly made it out for sunrise the other day but bed and a slight (2 kids!) lie in beat me in the end.  Anyway, I made it out at sunset on Tuesday and visited Turimetta beach as planned.  I spent a good 2 hours on the beach which was very therapeutic and took some good photos (I think!), learned a lot and now I want more....!

My favourite. Wish the sky was a richer blue.  It was a very cloudy night.

Need a spirit level for my hot shoe (squiffy horizon line!).....please Santa....?




The last 2 are a little dark but I still like them, it was at this point that I looked up the beach, realised that there was no-one around anymore, it was actually pretty dark and got a little scared.  Always have been a scaredy cat in the dark!  A brisk walk up the beach with my torch (very organised I know!) and one last glance down to the beach from the headland and I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment