About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Monday 16 August 2010

3 sleeps

Time is slipping away and I can't slow it down, which I can't make happen and I can't speed it up which I would also like.  It's like catch 22.  I'm excited to go but sad to go at the same time.  Bitter sweet.

It seems like I don't have time to blog at the moment.  I have been pretty bad for the last 6 weeks as we genuinely never have enough time.

Today marked our open house/leaving do.  So many near and dear people came and I am so touched.  It was lovely to see them but so very emotionally exhausting as well.  I feel a little like I have been run over tonight.  Mum arranged a banner which was amazing and made me cry straight away, and that is how we started the day!  BFF, Bronnie, made me a scrap book of our lives together until this point.  Cried like a baby.  She had put so much thought and effort into it.  BFF, Charms, wrote a poem about our lives and attempted to sing it to the tune of Bobby Brown, "two can play that game" (long story..!).  I cried more and asked her to just read it!  

Family, friends, children, they were all there.  Amazing, emotional, sad and happy day. The trouble is that because we were so busy we didn't take many pictures at all.  There were around 70-80 visitors which was amazing and it was hard to keep up at times!
Sports car fun!

Best girls forever.

Us.

Packing tomorrow.  Travel to London on Tuesday for a night in a hotel.  Fly Wednesday.  O.M.G!

1 comment: