About us

We are a family of four. Sarah, Andy, Finn & Isla and we are on the emigration path to Sydney, Australia from Somerset, England. We arrived on Tuesday 24th August 2010 and this is our story.

Thursday 27 January 2011

Burns night & Australia day

Firstly I am going to start with evidence of the amount of mess comparing a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old:

 Isla - doing stamps = a whole lot of mess including on the carpet....

Finn = not so much!

25th January is Burns night.  This year we celebrated it in style with Andy and his mate Dave in Kilts....oh yes...!

Reminds me of our wedding day :)

 ...and he's strong....!  What's under the kilt I hear you ask.....

Andy and Dave on the Wii....hand on hip is all part of the blaze technique....bowling I think.  Kilts look good though hey?!

We had a lovely night of untraditional fajitas, red wine, cupcakes, good conversation and then rounded off with entertainment on the Wii.  Bowling, tennis and then Sonic.  Turns out Rachel was really very good at the bowling and trounced all over us!!

A slightly fuzzy wake up the next day and we rolled straight into Australia day!

Some friends and their boys came over for a barbie and a splash in the pool - OMG it was hot.....38 degrees and like standing in a hair dryer so being in the water really helped!  It was one of those days when I really thought wow - this is a great way to spend your free time.

Finn & Billy - cake..yum!  There was an Aussie flag on the chocolate cake but in the time between getting the cake out and Andy getting the camera it was demolished by 5 children!

Today it has been....let me think...oh yes hot!  I have to say I do love the heat.  With air-con and dips in the pool it is completely manageable.  So swimming lessons this morning for Isla and then 2 hours in the pool this afternoon.  Isla was so bushed that while we had a cuddle in the pool she fell asleep on me.  It has been a while since she did that and really reminds me of when she was a baby rather than a toddler.  I love that she did it!  So I moved her out of the water and lay her on a towel on the lilo under a tree and she snoozed away.....

...while Finn and I continued to play....


No comments:

Post a Comment